See Jane Shop
One of the nation’s top style bloggers on where she likes to go in Texas to get her goods.
Twenty-year-old Jane Aldridge has spent the past five years blogging about her passion: shoes. It all began when she registered seaofshoes.typepad.com and began posting what she was wearing on Free Dress Fridays. At the time, Aldridge lived in Trophy Club, a suburb of Dallas, and attended a private school that required uniforms. At first she didn’t get much of a reaction, but before long, Aldridge was featured in Teen Vogue and Vanity Fair. She attended a private dinner with Chanel’s Karl Lagerfeld and worked with Coach’s executive creative director Reed Krakoff on his eponymous label. Now Aldridge draws 400,000 readers a month, and she’s considered to be one of the country’s top five style bloggers. So where does this fashionista like to shop in Texas? Here’s her list of top places.
1. I think my favorite destination store is Feathers, in Austin. I love the way the store is so beautifully edited. I also love Big Bertha’s, in Austin.
2. In Dallas my two favorite vintage stores are Archive and Vintage Martini.
3. I love to shop at Barneys, Neiman’s, and Forty Five Ten, in Dallas.
4. I love to hit the Salvation Army on Inwood, in Dallas, and the Goodwill, in Irving. You never know what you will find.
5. I love Grange Hall, in Dallas, for its wonderful jewelry selection, and I love to shoot there. The visuals in the store are always incredible.