BBQ News: 04/28 – 05/04
– Charlie’s BBQ in Houston was a total loss in an early morning fire:
— KHOU 11 News Houston (@KHOU) May 4, 2017
– New candy bar to “combine the tang of bold BBQ-seasoned surrounding a chewy caramel center for a unique, Texas-inspired flavor.”
– This week in weaponizing barbecue: “Members of the Yale College Republicans hosted a barbecue Friday right next to where members of the Local 33 graduate student union participated in a hunger strike.”
– Loving barbecue is never wrong:
Is there a right and wrong when it comes to taste in barbecue?
— J.C. Reid (@jcreidtx) April 29, 2017
– The Smoking Ho loved the bacon burnt ends at Heim BBQ in Fort Worth.
– Comedian Bill Maher provided a heap of Hard Eight BBQ in Dallas to make up for a cancelled show earlier in the year.
– The Salt Lick is expanding to Grapevine:
— NBC DFW (@NBCDFW) May 3, 2017
– Eater Austin has collected the first impressions of the new LeRoy & Lewis barbecue truck in Austin.
– Rod Machen recounts his Texas barbecue road trip with a series called Project Smoke, and the first stop is in Luling.
– Johnny Johnson of Murchison drove around serving barbecue from his Chicks BBQ truck to people affected by the devastating tornados in East Texas.
– La Barbecue is sending a new pit to LA for a new location:
– The Chamber of Commerce in Lexington, Texas named Snow’s BBQ pitmaster Tootsie Tomanetz their Citizen of the Year.
– In a related note, Snow’s BBQ will be closed this weekend for the annual Lexington Homecoming parade where Tootsie will be honored.
– Truth Barbecue in Brenham will be closed through the weekend starting today.
– Bodacious BBQ in Longview will be closed on Saturday in order to attend the Red Dirt Festival in Tyler.
– A little retro barbecue art:
— Tumbleweed TexStyles (@TmblwdTexStyles) May 2, 2017