BBQ News: 05/05 – 05/11
– We love this slo-mo brisket drop:
– Smokey Mae’s BBQ in Mansfield opened over the weekend after weeks of advertising. It was a rocky start, and they’re closing this weekend for two weeks to reorganize.
– Cattleack Barbecue in Dallas and Woodshed Smokehouse in Fort Worth will be featured in a new Food Network show next month.
– Shannon Bankston is having some medical issues, so he has put his barbecue joint up for sale. Fatboy’s BBQ in Cooper is available for $225,000.
– A spotlight on Heirloom Barbecue in Atlanta:
— MUNCHIES (@munchies) May 9, 2017
– A California native visited Underwood’s BBQ in Brownwood for some barbecue and fried chicken for Abilene’s Fox 15.
– Mallory Robbins of Evie Mae’s Barbecue in Wolfforth was interviewed by the Barbecue Wife site.
– Here’s what happens at Camp Brisket:
— MeatPoultry.com (@MeatPoultry) May 9, 2017
– Aaron Franklin has some tips for enjoying barbecue joints with long lines, like his own Franklin Barbecue.
– The Hot Luck Festival in Austin starts up next week, and there will be plenty of smoked meat.
– At Austin’s new LeRoy & Lewis, expect to find brisket, ribs, and sausage along with “lamb belly, wild boar ribs, duck boudin, and mac ‘n’ cheese-stuffed quail,” according to the Houston Chronicle.
– What’s this guy smoking?
— Bodacious Hallsville (@EastTxBBQ) May 9, 2017
– The annual Electra Goat Barbecue will be held this weekend in Electra.
– John Mueller’s Black Box Barbecue is now open in weekends in Georgetown.
– I chuckled more than once during this ad for the Woodwind grill and smoker:
– An enormous new barbecue joint, the Smoke’n Honey House will open in Houston by the end of the month.
– Ronnie Killen is coming to Austin. He plans to open a new location of Killen’s Barbecue in the Lakeway area in about three months.
– A new barbecue joint, Moonlight Bar-B-Q Company, in Spring will take over the spot once occupied by Corkscrew BBQ.
– Barbecue is only a lunch food at many spots, just not at the main one highlighted in this article:
— GQ Magazine (@GQMagazine) May 5, 2017
– Pinkerton’s Barbecue in Houston is offering four different types of beer for $1 apiece every Thursday.
– Rod Machen visits Louie Mueller Barbecue in Taylor and calls its potato salad the best anywhere.
– Don’t leave a lit charcoal grill unattended on your wood deck. This house in Fort Worth was a total loss as a result.
– And now, for a brisket wobble encore all the way from London:
— Chad (@chadcrooksni) May 10, 2017