BBQ News: 06/13 – 06/19
– Zagat Austin lists their favorite barbecue events around the state this summer.
– Gayot comes out with their list of the top ten barbecue joints in the country.
– CheapTickets.com has a list of their top BBQ destinations. In Austin they highlight a humorous paring of events – a meal with John Mueller followed by the Austin Symphony.
– They’re trying their hand at smoked brisket in North Carolina, and even knocking off a Texas style barbecue sauce:
— FahrenheitCLT (@fahrenheitCLT) June 17, 2014
– The play BBQ Apocalypse will run through this weekend in Dallas.
– PETA protested a ribfest in Canada’s capital yesterday with tattooed half-naked women.
– J C Reid recounts the Fathers Day BBQ held in Millheim, Texas northwest of Houston.
– On the importance of barbecue and red drinks when celebrating Juneteenth.
– Here’s how to win a year’s worth of barbecue, mailed to your home.
– It’s coming:
From Lockhart to Austin, on Barton springs road, Terry Black and family will be open early next week!!
— Terry Black’s BBQ (@TerryBlacksBBQ) June 18, 2014
– An interview with Erin O’Shea about her Texas style BBQ joint in Philly.
– A profile on Ash Fulk who is cooking Texas style BBQ in Brooklyn at the new Hill Country BBQ outpost.
– Texas style barbecue is coming to Albuquerque when Marley’s Central Texas BBQ opens later this month.
– North Dakota won’t be without Texas style barbecue now that Uncle Bill’s Texas Style BBQ in Bismarck is open.
– You might need Google translate, but here’s a French interview with Thomas Abramowicz who is doing Texas style BBQ in Paris, France.
– Looking for beer and barbecue in Houston this weekend?:
— Richard R. Flores (@D_Meskin) June 19, 2014
– John Markus, the creator of BBQ Pitmasters, had Ruth Reichl over for dinner. They had beef ribs, pork ribs, and smoked chicken.
– Steven Raichlen on inspiring the next generation of pitmasters.
– Nominate your favorite mobile barbecue joint for Food Truck BBQ Of The Year Contest.
– In honor of the World Cup, Bon Appétit provides this list of sausages around the world, one for every country competing in the World Cup.
– A tutorial from Pat Martin:
— Bon Appetit Magazine (@bonappetit) June 18, 2014
– Here’s a computer-generated recipe for a barbecue sauce called Bengali Butternut BBQ Sauce.
– Robert Moss explains barbecue pit variations from the Carolinas to Texas for Serious Eats.
– Zagat Austin files this report from Foodways Texas BBQ Camp held at Texas A&M.
– Plan accordingly:
We’re closed next week- so maxed out our smokers all week. still have a little food if u come soon!
— Franklin Barbecue (@FranklinBbq) June 17, 2014
– The Austin Post used the captive audience in the Franklin Barbecue line to get answers to random questions.
– Kerlin BBQ in Austin is closed today, but will reopen tomorrow.
– Pecan Lodge in Dallas will be closed for a private event on Saturday 6/21.
– Southern Living shows the way to sixty-five great miles of North Carolina BBQ:
– Burger Mary visits La Barbecue in Austin, and has great things to say about the entire menu.
– The Smoking Ho has an equally great experience at La Barbecue.
– Huffington Post finds a way to get “Barbecue” into this headline, but it’s really all about side dishes.
– Does anyone know what she’s talking about? Disgusting BBQ smell?
I ate at a BBQ restaurant today and now I can’t get this disgusting bbq smell off my fingers.. What should I do? HALP!
— Raya (@RayaVlogs) June 18, 2014