What We Learned About Rick Perry
Login / Register
ORNo Account? Register here.
In an interview with NBC News’s Carrie Dann, Rick Perry revealed some key points about his personal and political life:
1. “I’m not going to ride off into the sunset. I’m pretty sure I’m not going to go back to Paint Creek, Texas, and shut my doors.”
2. Because of his back, he’s ditched jogging in favor of riding a stationary bike five days a week.
3. Those glasses everyone loves to comment on? They’re by Oliver Peoples, and Perry says he is wearing them because of a flare-up of a childhood accident in which he got hit by a rock and damaged his retina.
4. He has given up his cowboy boots: “My feet are really happy now. And very rarely does my back bother me. It’s good.” (Custom boot makers all over the state are no doubt scrambling right now to control the damage.)
5. One caveat about the boots: He will wear them when his daughter gets married. (Perfect hedging on Perry’s part allows custom boot makers all over the state to breathe a sigh of relief and consider a new marketing campaign.)
6. And he is definitely, definitely running for president in 2016 (despite the UT/Trib poll that shows him trailing Ted Cruz in his home state 28-10.)
( AP Image / Justin Hayworth )