Where to Eat During SXSW
Our definitive guide on where to grab a hangover taco, a soul-satisfying plate of ’cue, a beautiful piece of sushi, a see-and-be-seen table, a killer margarita, and more.
Login / Register
ORNo Account? Register here.
It’s that time of year in Austin when tens of thousands of people descend on the city to tweet/see/hear the next big thing. But one cannot survive on buzz alone.
Luckily, Austin is rife with places to sit down with (or stand up with or bike away with) a good meal. TEXAS MONTHLY‘s food editor, Patricia Sharpe, helped produce an exhaustive list of notable restaurants, which has been divided up by category and location to make your life easier. Looking for a place to eat on South Congress? Want to experience Austin’s famed trailer scene? What is there to eat on the trendy East Side?
Here are the lists. Print them. Take them. Just don’t eat them.
The Top Ten Lists:
- The top ten places to eat in Central Austin.
- The top ten places to eat downtown.
- The top ten places to eat on the East Side.
- The top ten places to eat on South Congress.
- The top ten places to eat on South Lamar, Barton Springs, and down south.
The comprehensive lists for when you can’t snag a seat at one of the Top Ten:
- Where to eat in Central Austin.
- Where to eat down south.
- Where to eat downtown.
- Where to eat on the East Side.
- Where to get away to eat.
- Where to eat on the water.
- Where to eat on South Congress.
- Where to eat on South Lamar and Barton Springs.
- Where to eat up north.
The specialty lists:
- Where to find cheap eats.
- Where to eat late at night.
- Where to get trailer food.
- Where to eat vegetarian.
And the full, comprehensive, exhaustive, and complete guide to good food in Austin.