Meanwhile, in Texas. . .
Some strange things happened in the past month. Here are some of the strangest headlines you might have missed.
- Two brothers with the first and middle names Jesse James and Billy Kidd were arrested after allegedly trying to start a fight outside a Lubbock saloon.
- A cat named Angel saved a 74-year-old Grand Prairie man by pawing at his face to wake him up when his home caught on fire.
- After a mosque in Victoria was destroyed by an arsonist, a GoFundMe campaign helped raise more than $1 million to rebuild it.
- A Canaan dog from San Antonio named Caliente Dangerous Gale Force Winds won best of breed at the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show.
- A man broke into a Wichita Falls home and took a shower before he was caught by police while wearing Betty Boop pajamas.
- McLennan County sheriff Parnell McNamara, the inspiration for a character in the movie Hell or High Water, attended the Oscars.
- A man wanted for a Marion County murder was caught sleeping in a parked car in Daytona Beach Shores, Florida, where he had traveled to attend the NASCAR races.
- Veterinarians in Carrollton saved a puppy who had eaten a batch of heroin.
- A teenager somehow survived when the car he was driving plunged off a Houston parking garage and landed upside down on a rooftop below.