Sports Center May I have your attention, please? Fort Worth is the place to be the first weekend in April. For starters, check out Chevy Thunder Days in Sundance Square, a NASCAR celebration with concerts, racing displays, and driver appearances. Of course, you’ll also want to head out to the Texas Motor Speedway to catch the Samsung/RadioShack 500, where big-name Winston Cup drivers like Dale Earnhardt, Jr., Jeff Gordon, and Corpus Christi natives Terry and Bobby Labonte will barrel down the one-and-a-half-mile track. For a different kind of maneuvering, go to the Will Rogers Memorial Center to see the National Cutting Horse Association’s Super Stakes Classic. How hard is it to keep one cow separated from the herd? Tougher than you think, city slicker. When you finish with the cowboys, go see the Texas Rangers at the Ballpark in Arlington and watch Pudge Rodriguez pick an Anaheim Angel off first. With a lineup like this, you’re sure to hit a grand slam. (See Fort Worth: Sports and Points of Interest.)
- Inside the Story of How H-E-B Planned for the Pandemic
- Joe Exotic: A Dark Journey Into the World of a Man Gone Wild
- Greg Abbott Promised to Get Masks for Texas. Many Doctors Say They Are Still Facing Shortages.
- U.S. Hospitals Have a Ventilator Shortage. A Team of Rice Engineers Say They Have a Solution.
- Why I’m Not Going to South Padre Island