Over his 33-year recording career, Strait has had 60 number one hits, more than any other performer in history. That’s combining the number of songs that have topped the Billboard chart (44) with the number that have topped the Mediabase chart (16). The closest runner-up, Conway Twitty, who died in 1993, had 40 number one Billboard hits. Strangely, none of Strait’s songs ever wound up as the year-end number one on Billboard’s country charts. Click here for a complete guide to all the number ones, or listen below.
- Can Bee Stings Treat Lyme Disease?
- Criminal Charges Against Schlitterbahn Officials Have Been Dropped
- Tony Buzbee Ran as a Trumpian Shark in the First Round of the Houston Mayoral Race. Now He Appears to Be Dead in the Water.
- The Lost Texans of the Louisiana Pines
- Willie Nelson Quits Smoking Weed: A Look Back at the Couple’s Relationship Milestones