Over his 33-year recording career, Strait has had 60 number one hits, more than any other performer in history. That’s combining the number of songs that have topped the Billboard chart (44) with the number that have topped the Mediabase chart (16). The closest runner-up, Conway Twitty, who died in 1993, had 40 number one Billboard hits. Strangely, none of Strait’s songs ever wound up as the year-end number one on Billboard’s country charts. Click here for a complete guide to all the number ones, or listen below.
- Inside the Story of How H-E-B Planned for the Pandemic
- Joe Exotic: A Dark Journey Into the World of a Man Gone Wild
- “This Is a Matter of Survival”
- Why Is Texas So Far Behind Other States in Responding to the Coronavirus?
- U.S. Hospitals Have a Ventilator Shortage. A Team of Rice Engineers Say They Have a Solution.