The Texas A&M University System hosted a forum to discuss important issues facing higher education in the state at Texas A&M University-San Antonio. Texas Monthly senior executive editor Brian D. Sweany moderated a discussion that included seven prestigious panelists: David W. Gardner, Deputy Commissioner for Academic Planning and Policy/Chief Academic Officer, Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board; Phil Adams, Vice Chairman of The Texas A&M University System Board of Regents; Wm. Eugene “Gene” Powell, Chairman of The University of Texas System Board of Regents; John Sharp, Chancellor of The Texas A&M University System; Francisco G. Cigarroa, Chancellor of The University of Texas System; Maria Hernandez Ferrier, President of Texas A&M University-San Antonio; and John Frederick, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, The University of Texas at San Antonio. The discussion was followed by insightful questions from audience members.
Texas A&M University-San Antonio, March 26, 2013
Video by The Texas A&M University System.
- The Eyes of Texas Were Upon Jimmy Fallon’s ‘Tonight Show’
- Let’s All Hope Tony Buzbee Drank a Lot of Water Last Night
- The National Media Hilariously Misunderstands Texas Geography
- The Only Texas Chili Recipe You’ll Ever Need
- Texas Counties Are Declaring Themselves ‘Second Amendment Sanctuaries.’ But What Does That Mean, Exactly?