Travaasa BBQ Bash
June 15th, 2013
5:00 pm-9:00 pm
Hosted by Chef Ben Baker
•Pork Ribs & Fire Roasted Corn and Blue Cheese Slaw from The Salt Lick (Austin)
•Pastrami Short Rib & Kraut from The Granary (San Antonio)
•Brisket & Potato Salad from Snow’s BBQ (Lexington)
•Beef Ribs & Green Chile Hominy from Pecan Lodge (Dallas)
•Housemade Sausage & Creamed Corn from Killen’s BBQ (Houston)
Beer tastings provided by:
•Hops & Grain (Austin)
•The Granary (San Antonio)
•Rahr & Sons Brewing Company (Ft. Worth)
•Saint Arnolds Brewing Company (Houston)
Cocktails provided by:
Deep Eddy Ruby Red Vodka
TO BENEFIT FOODWAYS TEXAS
RULES & REGULATIONS FOR THIS CONTEST:
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility and Entry Requirements. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Texas Monthly/Travaasa BBQ Bash Ticket Twitter Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to U.S. residents (excluding Puerto Rico) Entry Requirements: Twitter user must follow and retweet the requested message from @TexasMonthly. Multiple entries in a single period will not be accepted. Prizes are non-transferable and do not have a cash value. Employees of Texas Monthly, and each of their respective affiliated companies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How To Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at 10:00 a.m. (CDT) on Tuesday, June 11, 2013 and end at 2:00 p.m. (CDT) on Wednesday, June 12, 2013 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Internet Entry: Twitter user must follow and retweet the requested message from @TexasMonthly verbatim. By entering, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries.
4. Winner Selection. At the end of the Sweepstakes Period, a winner will be selected at random and contacted via direct message by 2:00 p.m. (CDT) on Thursday, June 13.
5. Prizes. One winner will receive two (2) tickets the Travaasa BBQ Bash on June 15 at Travaasa Austin at 5:00 p.m.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winners will be notified by 2:00 p.m. (CDT.) on Thursday, June 13, 2013 via direct message to winning Twitter account. No response by 2:00 p.m. June 14, 2013 may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned as instructed by Sponsor. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsors will not be responsible for failure to receive entries or votes or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the Twitter account from which they were sent. For these purposes, Twitter account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such Twitter account by the access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning Twitter handles for the domain associated with such Twitter account. Any questions regarding the number of entries or votes submitted by the owner of the Twitter account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries, or votes by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
8. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. Sponsor. Texas Monthly. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Texas Monthly, Attn: Connie Cruise, 816 Congress, Suite 1700, Austin, TX 78701. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Connie Cruise at (512) 320-6966or [email protected]