Austinite Rebecca McEntee’s nostalgic view of a Hill Country retreat appears in Texas on a Roll–Images of Texas by Texas Photographers (Thomasson-Grant, $50), a project of the state’s three chapters of the American Society of Magazine Photographers. Members were asked to submit the best of their work. Some 160 photographers turned in 3,000 entries, from which judges chose 189 memorable shots by 89 of the state’s top professionals. The just-published book, beautifully designed by Lowell Williams, does us proud.
- Inside the Story of How H-E-B Planned for the Pandemic
- Joe Exotic: A Dark Journey Into the World of a Man Gone Wild
- Greg Abbott Promised to Get Masks for Texas. Many Doctors Say They Are Still Facing Shortages.
- U.S. Hospitals Have a Ventilator Shortage. A Team of Rice Engineers Say They Have a Solution.
- Why I’m Not Going to South Padre Island