Articles by Alison Cook
May 31, 1987 — By Alison Cook
Texas oil patchers bounce back; Houston artist Staley paints the art crowd; goat-gland genius Brinkley’s mansion casts its quirky spell. Plus: Caroline Schoellkopf’s marital woes, Tammy Faye Bakker’s impersonators, and Nancy Negley Wellin’s prodigal daughter.
Mar 1, 1987 — By Alison Cook
Sneak a glance at our inaugural notebook to find out why Clements’ speech didn’t fly, which city had the most imperial ball, and who triumphed in the guv’s snub. Plus: Mad Maxian Car #3, space tombs in the sky, and ZZ Top’s song scuffle.
We just rate them. You voted for them.
Apr 30, 1984 — By Alison Cook
Bearing Gallic sophistication and outrageously delicious desserts, the Lenotre family has taken Dallas and Houston by storm.
Food & Drink Newsletter
- The Smoked Mollejas of Duval and Jim Hogg Counties
- The Best New Restaurants in Texas for 2020
- Most Politicians Don’t Court Muslim Voters. Bernie Is Betting on Them in Texas.
- Lonesome Dove Reunion Proves That the Three-Decade-Old Mini-Series Is Timeless
- The One-Time Girlfriend of One of Mexico’s Most Notorious Drug Lords Returns to the Border to Offer Tours