Articles by Bill Porterfield
Mar 31, 1974 — By Bill Porterfield
I see Ross Perot as a throwback, a distinct cousin to two types of 19th century mythical American heroes. In his deeds, Perot is as gargantuan—as wonderful and awful and ridiculous—as Davy Crockett. In his idealisms, Perot would fashion himself, and the rest of us, after one of the proper…
TM This Week
- Matthew McConaughey and Beyoncé Did More for Texas Than Ted Cruz
- He Rioted at the Capitol. Then for Weeks He Lived in Luxury While Hiding From the FBI.
- They Accused a Man of Sexual Assault in a Small West Texas Town. That Was Only the Beginning.
- The Damning History Behind UT’s ‘The Eyes of Texas’ Song
- Axis Deer Had Overrun the Hill Country. The Winter Storm Devastated Them.