Articles by Bill Porterfield
Mar 31, 1974 — By Bill Porterfield
I see Ross Perot as a throwback, a distinct cousin to two types of 19th century mythical American heroes. In his deeds, Perot is as gargantuan—as wonderful and awful and ridiculous—as Davy Crockett. In his idealisms, Perot would fashion himself, and the rest of us, after one of the proper…
Never Miss a Story
- Inside the Story of How H-E-B Planned for the Pandemic
- Joe Exotic: A Dark Journey Into the World of a Man Gone Wild
- U.S. Hospitals Have a Ventilator Shortage. A Team of Rice Engineers Say They Have a Solution.
- What You Should Know About the Coronavirus in Texas
- Greg Abbott Promised to Get Masks for Texas. Many Doctors Say They Are Still Facing Shortages.