Over Memorial Day weekend, locals and tourists flocked to the Poop Deck in Galveston as Governor Greg Abbott allowed Texas bars to open at limited capacity.
Articles by Brittney Martin
May 18, 2020 — By Brittney Martin
Two years after the shooting left ten dead and thirteen injured, survivors like Isabelle Laymance and their families are still dealing with the aftermath.
Apr 22, 2020 — By Brittney Martin
Reintegration into day-to-day life has proved tougher than expected for the 7,000-plus Texans who have beaten the coronavirus.
Apr 9, 2020 — By Brittney Martin
To combat economic downturn from the coronavirus pandemic, the IRS is sending Americans money. Many struggling Texans say it won’t be enough.
Mar 30, 2020 — By Brittney Martin
Texas hospitals are limiting the number of people in maternity wards, while some women are exploring home birth amid the coronavirus outbreak.
Mar 27, 2020 — By Brittney Martin
Facebook groups and online auction sites are helping junior exhibitors who didn’t get to show and sell at the Houston Rodeo and other events this year.
Mar 18, 2020 — By Brittney Martin
A vaccine for the novel coronavirus is likely at least a year away, but the state’s large anti-vaccine community is ready to resist it.
You'll Love Our Emails
- How King Ranch Casserole Has Ruled During the Pandemic
- How the Pandemic Turned Brené Brown Into America’s Therapist
- The Houston Years of George Floyd
- “I Can’t Believe This Is America”: On the Front Lines With the Volunteers Tending to Austin’s Injured Protesters
- The West Texas Basketball Tournament at the Center of a Coronavirus Outbreak