Articles by Bryan Curtis
Jan 20, 2013 — By Bryan Curtis
MANHATTAN Hill Country Barbecue Market Last year, word of a new barbecue restaurant spread through New York’s Texas-expat community. Usually, this kind of thing doesn’t cause much of a stir. We see a lot of “Texas barbecue” joints up here where they take a brisket that tastes like pastrami and…
Jan 1, 2013 — By Bryan Curtis
I. The Hawks Preteen football players are usually described by other preteen football players with one of three words: “nice,” “funny,” or, the highest possible compliment, “awesome.” Celdon Manning, a running back with the Allen Hawks, is the rare athlete who makes his teammates reach for the Scholastic Children’s Thesaurus.
Jul 31, 2012 — By Bryan Curtis
Every year, hundreds of Texas high schoolers are aggressively recruited by the nation’s top college football programs. It’s a dream come true, but some kids must go through the bewildering process alone. And according to the rules of the NCAA, there aren’t many places they can turn to for help.
Sign up for the Armadillo
- Hollywood, Texas: Kanye West Takes Joel Osteen to Church
- A Farewell to Dairy Queens
- Inside the Death Row Case That Has Everyone From Ted Cruz to Kim Kardashian Speaking Out
- Convicted of Murder at Age 12, Edwin Debrow Finally Walks Free
- The Suncoast Motion Picture Company’s Last Stand Is Happening in Southeast Texas