Articles by Byron Harris
May 31, 1987 — By Byron Harris
In the early eighties, some Dallas savings and loans reaped profits in real estate investments while land was flipped, appraisals were inflated, and property was developed. Now the land deals have flopped, property values are deflated, and there are empty buildings all over town. And some S&Ls are broke.
TM This Week
- 13 Curses to Mutter Against Ted Cruz While You Boil Snow to Drink
- El Paso Heeded the Warnings and Avoided a Winter Catastrophe
- The Texas Blackout Is the Story of a Disaster Foretold
- What Went Wrong With Texas’s Main Electric Grid and Could It Have Been Prevented?
- One of Texas’s Busiest Plumbers Explains What to Do if Your Pipes Burst