After the Civil War, a group of politicians fought—and failed—to empower everyday Texans. But we can see their influence in the New Deal, the Great Society, Donald Trump, and Bernie Sanders.
Articles by Carlos Kevin Blanton
How Nineteenth-Century Texas Created American Liberalism
The Secret History of Anti-Mexican Violence in Texas
Sep 21, 2018 — By Carlos Kevin Blanton
In her groundbreaking new book, Monica Muñoz Martinez uncovers the legacy of a brutal past.
TM This Week
- How the Most Hyped U.S. Oil Merger in a Decade Went Bust
- Broken Pelvises, Collapsed Lungs, and Decades of Winning: Barrel Racing’s Martha Josey Has Seen It All
- The Best Thing in Texas: Bernie Sanders Travels Across the State as a Meme
- Recipe: Confit Smoked Chicken Thighs
- How Texas Hunting Went Exotic