House speaker Joe Straus asks President Trump to stop the policy, while State Representative César Blanco asks Abbott to cease National Guard deployment.
Articles by Carlos Sanchez
Jun 5, 2018 — By Carlos Sanchez
Last weekend, border agents turned away legal asylum-seekers on the U.S.-Mexico border. In a 'Texas Monthly Reporter' podcast, reporter Robert Moore discusses this tactic and its effect on those being turned away.
May 22, 2018 — By Carlos Sanchez
The former Dallas County sheriff will take on the formidable and formidably funded Greg Abbott in November.
Apr 15, 2018 — By Carlos Sanchez
In an announcement, the former first lady has decided against any further medical treatment and will focus on comfort care.
Mar 29, 2018 — By Carlos Sanchez
With at least a dozen states suing over a Trump administration decision to ask people their citizenship status in the next census, we separate facts from myths
Mar 7, 2018 — By Carlos Sanchez
Watch our discussion of the winners and losers of this year’s Fall-of-the-Alamo primary.
Sign up for the Armadillo
- Can Bee Stings Treat Lyme Disease?
- Criminal Charges Against Schlitterbahn Officials Have Been Dropped
- Put Texas and Texas A&M in the Academy Sports and Outdoors Texas Bowl, You Cowards
- Tony Buzbee Ran as a Trumpian Shark in the First Round of the Houston Mayoral Race. Now He Appears to Be Dead in the Water.
- Meet the Unruly Clan That Once Ruled the Hill Country