John Rechy, whose novel "City of Night" was wildly successful when it was published in 1963, grew up during the Depression, the youngest of five children born to a Mexican family in El Paso.
Articles by Gregg Barrios
BooksBest-Selling Gay Novel Turns Fifty
TM This Week
- 13 Curses to Mutter Against Ted Cruz While You Boil Snow to Drink
- What Went Wrong With Texas’s Main Electric Grid and Could It Have Been Prevented?
- El Paso Heeded the Warnings and Avoided a Winter Catastrophe
- The Texas Blackout Is the Story of a Disaster Foretold
- One of Texas’s Busiest Plumbers Explains What to Do if Your Pipes Burst