Articles by Harry Hurt III
Sep 30, 1981 — By Harry Hurt III
Andrew Jefferson was on his way up in the judicial system. Larry Cager was a rising star in the Houston Area Urban League. Together they were giving the city’s black population the leadership it had always needed. And then along came trouble.
TM This Week
- The Early Voting Numbers in Texas Are Bonkers. Here’s What That Does and Doesn’t Tell Us.
- The Damning History Behind UT’s ‘The Eyes of Texas’ Song
- After Offensive Comments, Stan Richards Leaves His Dallas Ad Agency
- Why Is American Airlines So Infuriating?
- The Late Johnny Bush on How He Wrote Willie Nelson’s Perennial Show Opener, ‘Whiskey River’