Articles by Jamie Frucht
TUBAL LIBATIONS FORMALS WORN BRALESS. SMILES GOING the full count. ‘Hair done’ and flown in for the occasion. Rosalind Russell doing an inspired Bert Parks. What more could a mother of four or a young career girl or a grandma want? All of us females were glued to the…
THE GETAWAY THAT DIDN’T LAST ON A COOL EVENING IN late spring, Mark Jones and Francisco Perez entered Joseph’s Foodliner, a small market in northwest San Antonio specializing in homemade egg rolls (4 for a dollar) and fresh Chinese snow peas. Young, longhaired, bearded, they had apparently charted an ambitious…
IF FORTUNE MAKES STRANGE BEDFELLOWS, the fortunes of death make the strangest of all. In the state cemetery in Austin, J. Frank Dobie, Ma and Pa Ferguson, and Big Foot Wallace lie within a 30-yard radius of one another. Their graves are near the top of a small hill which…
TM This Week
- Matthew McConaughey and Beyoncé Did More for Texas Than Ted Cruz
- They Accused a Man of Sexual Assault in a Small West Texas Town. That Was Only the Beginning.
- He Rioted at the Capitol. Then for Weeks He Lived in Luxury While Hiding From the FBI.
- The Texas Blackout Is the Story of a Disaster Foretold
- Axis Deer Had Overrun the Hill Country. The Winter Storm Devastated Them.