Articles by Janet Heimlich
May 31, 1998 — By Janet Heimlich
The poor quality of health care in the state’s penal system is enough to make you sick. Plus: Inside Tex Moncrief’s IRS mess; a River Oaks bookie is tried for murder; UT’s writing program achieves Texas-size success; and things get woolly for thestate’s mohair producers.
You'll Love Our Emails
- Schlitterbahn’s Tragic Slide
- First Look: Austin’s Most Anticipated Grand Hotel
- What I Learned as a Young Black Political Speaker in Liberal White Austin
- What Pandemic? Houstonians Party, Shop, and Ice-skate as COVID-19 Surges.
- The COVID-Related Death of a Local Republican Official Points to the Risks of an In-Person Texas GOP Convention