Articles by Janet Heimlich
May 31, 1998 — By Janet Heimlich
The poor quality of health care in the state’s penal system is enough to make you sick. Plus: Inside Tex Moncrief’s IRS mess; a River Oaks bookie is tried for murder; UT’s writing program achieves Texas-size success; and things get woolly for thestate’s mohair producers.
Never Miss a Story
- The Smoked Mollejas of Duval and Jim Hogg Counties
- The Best New Restaurants in Texas for 2020
- Most Politicians Don’t Court Muslim Voters. Bernie Is Betting on Them in Texas.
- Lonesome Dove Reunion Proves That the Three-Decade-Old Mini-Series Is Timeless
- The One-Time Girlfriend of One of Mexico’s Most Notorious Drug Lords Returns to the Border to Offer Tours