In a career that spanned six decades, Davis wrote hits for Elvis and Dolly Parton, found solo success, and acted on Broadway and in film.
Articles by Joe W. Specht
Remembering Lubbock-Born Country Musician Mac Davis
TM This Week
- The Damning History Behind UT’s ‘The Eyes of Texas’ Song
- The Early Voting Numbers in Texas Are Bonkers. Here’s What That Does and Doesn’t Tell Us.
- The Late Johnny Bush on How He Wrote Willie Nelson’s Perennial Show Opener, ‘Whiskey River’
- Why Is American Airlines So Infuriating?
- “It’s the Most Outrageous Thing I’ve Ever Seen. It Makes No Sense.”