One of the last markers of the Houstonian dialect dates back to the Southern Pacific Railroad.
Articles by John Nova Lomax
Feb 16, 2018 — By John Nova Lomax
It's better than good—at least if you're talking about cotton quality.
Feb 6, 2018 — By John Nova Lomax
Prepositionally, you can go over or out to Abilene—depending on where you're coming from.
Jan 24, 2018 — By John Nova Lomax
Who should play on Black Heritage Night? And who gets to decide?
Dec 16, 2017 — By John Nova Lomax
The senior quarterback for Texas A&M at Commerce, the winner of Division II's version of the Heisman, has one of the strangest stories in all of football.
Dec 11, 2017 — By John Nova Lomax
Ridin’ Dirty on the stovetop.
Nov 28, 2017 — By John Nova Lomax
From Amarila to Wad-a-loop to the Purda-nalleez River, we've taken some liberties when it comes to pronunciation.
Never Miss a Story
- Put Texas and Texas A&M in the Academy Sports and Outdoors Texas Bowl, You Cowards
- Can Bee Stings Treat Lyme Disease?
- Criminal Charges Against Schlitterbahn Officials Have Been Dropped
- Meet the Unruly Clan That Once Ruled the Hill Country
- Willie Nelson Quits Smoking Weed: A Look Back at the Couple’s Relationship Milestones