Stop and Smell the Rosemary, by the Junior League of Houston, is the sort of cookbook that takes cooking from a chore to an artful experience. The winner of eight national cookbook awards, Stop and Smell the Rosemary includes myriad color photographs and is designed with a tactful charm that…
Articles by Juliana Torres
Jul 31, 2006 — By Juliana Torres
Packed with information on the history and culture of Houston, The Star of Texas Cookbook reads like an encyclopedia of cuisine from the Bayou City and the surrounding areas. The ladies from the Junior League of Houston really know their stuff—food included. The book begins with a helpful guide on…
Jun 30, 2006 — By Juliana Torres
Creating comfort is a theme that the Genesis Women’s Shelter, the publishers of this cookbook, is used to. Genesis prides itself on providing the women and children it aids with a home-cooked meal, as well as counseling and sanctuary. In fact, all the proceeds from this cookbook will allow the…
TM This Week
- The Early Voting Numbers in Texas Are Bonkers. Here’s What That Does and Doesn’t Tell Us.
- Even if Trump Wins Texas, the GOP Is Facing a Historical Reckoning
- After Offensive Comments, Stan Richards Leaves His Dallas Ad Agency
- Why Is American Airlines So Infuriating?
- Why UT’s Administration Is Digging in Its Heels on ‘The Eyes of Texas’