Articles by Kate Galbraith
Mar 31, 2012 — By Kate Galbraith
For more than 75 years, rice farmers in Matagorda County and elsewhere along the Gulf have shared the waters of the Colorado River with urban residents in the Hill Country. But with city centers booming and an almost-certain drought ahead, the state is being forced to choose between a water-intensive crop and a water-intensive population.
TM This Week
- The Damning History Behind UT’s ‘The Eyes of Texas’ Song
- Axis Deer Had Overrun the Hill Country. The Winter Storm Devastated Them.
- Matthew McConaughey and Beyoncé Did More for Texas Than Ted Cruz
- Barbecue Joint Owners Aren’t Happy About the End of the Mask Mandate in Texas
- He Rioted at the Capitol. Then for Weeks He Lived in Luxury While Hiding From the FBI.