If activists want to make headway on reining in gun violence, they need to understand gun culture.
Articles by Kate Murphy
May 31, 1996 — By Kate Murphy
Wally Mejía designed his first wedding cake for a friend in 1989. It was a five-tiered butter-pecan-creme-filled extravaganza adorned with intricate scrollwork that imitated the architectural treatments he’d admired in France the year before, when he took a pastrymaking course at the Cordon Bleu. “The guests surrounded it and took…
You'll Love Our Emails
- Schlitterbahn’s Tragic Slide
- First Look: Austin’s Most Anticipated Grand Hotel
- What I Learned as a Young Black Political Speaker in Liberal White Austin
- The COVID-Related Death of a Local Republican Official Points to the Risks of an In-Person Texas GOP Convention
- We Didn’t Think We Would Live in El Paso Permanently. It Became Home.