Many researchers believe in the potential of stem cells to treat a host of diseases. But for some patients, lack of oversight of the multibillion-dollar industry has had disastrous consequences.
Articles by Laura Beil
Nov 22, 2017 — By Laura Beil
Texas is at risk of a measles outbreak, yet few have blamed the state’s anti-vaccine movement. Enter Peter Hotez, an affable scientist who decided he’d had enough.
Sep 4, 2017 — By Laura Beil
Caddo Lake is being consumed by the world’s most monstrous weed. Herbicides, kitchen strainers, and even blowtorches have failed to stop it. Now a local band of volunteers is making a last-ditch effort to save these treasured wetlands.
TM This Week
- Texans You Should Know: How a Black Cowboy’s Discovery Changed the Field of Archaeology
- I Live in the Middle of Nowhere. I Still Got COVID.
- Meet the Carrion-Craving Falcon That’s Taking Over Texas
- The Ultimate Texas Tacopedia
- Matthew McConaughey Said He’d Consider Running for Texas Governor, so We Wrote His Political Platform