In September 1985 this magazine published twenty portraits from Richard Avedon's landmark "In the American West" series. I worked with the celebrated photographer on those shoots, and I documented the making of many memorable images. Here are five great behind-the-scenes stories.
Articles by laurawilson
Never Miss a Story
- The Smoked Mollejas of Duval and Jim Hogg Counties
- The Best New Restaurants in Texas for 2020
- Most Politicians Don’t Court Muslim Voters. Bernie Is Betting on Them in Texas.
- Lonesome Dove Reunion Proves That the Three-Decade-Old Mini-Series Is Timeless
- The One-Time Girlfriend of One of Mexico’s Most Notorious Drug Lords Returns to the Border to Offer Tours