As Sandra Scofield, Shelby Hearon, and Janet Peery are proving, you don’t have to live in Texas to be a Texas writer.
Articles by Michael DiLeo
Dec 1, 2000 — By Michael DiLeo
Back when I was a hippie pacifist in Northern California, I never thought I'd kill an animal for sport. Then I married into a South Texas ranching family, and in time I managed to pull the trigger and bag a buck. My emotions were decidedly mixed, but I knew that I had become a Texan at last.
TM This Week
- Matthew McConaughey and Beyoncé Did More for Texas Than Ted Cruz
- He Rioted at the Capitol. Then for Weeks He Lived in Luxury While Hiding From the FBI.
- They Accused a Man of Sexual Assault in a Small West Texas Town. That Was Only the Beginning.
- The Damning History Behind UT’s ‘The Eyes of Texas’ Song
- Axis Deer Had Overrun the Hill Country. The Winter Storm Devastated Them.