Articles by Michael Hall
Dec 19, 2018 — By Michael Hall
Found guilty in 1987, the freed man will be paid $2.5 million by the state of Texas, which he'll use to support his prison ministry.
Dec 17, 2018 — By Michael Hall
The documentary, premiering on PBS December 17, looks to the elderly minister's hometown of Grand Saline to uncover why he set himself alight.
Nov 13, 2018 — By Michael Hall
A controversial Dallas civil rights lawyer is holding police accountable—and being held accountable, too.
Sep 10, 2018 — By Michael Hall
Brandley died last week, 31 years after the state of Texas tried and failed to kill him.
Aug 15, 2018 — By Michael Hall
He worked 80-hour weeks to send money home to his family. The driver who ran him over had been in and out of trouble for years.
Never Miss a Story
- Meet the Unruly Clan That Once Ruled the Hill Country
- Damn, It Feels Good to Be a Councilman
- Put Texas and Texas A&M in the Academy Sports and Outdoors Texas Bowl, You Cowards
- The Only Texas Chili Recipe You’ll Ever Need
- Who Gets to Live and Die When the State Relies on False Testimony in Death Penalty Cases?