Articles by Nora Varty
Feb 1, 2003 — By Nora Varty
Not too long ago the photography collection at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston was nonexistent. But thanks to curator Anne Wilkes Tucker, it is now considered one of America's best. Here, she discusses her career, photography and being a woman in the field.
Nov 1, 2002 — By Nora Varty
texasmonthly.com: You are featured in Dorothy McConachie’s book, Top Texas Teachers. How were you chosen? Carolina Carner: They picked 35 teachers from across the state. One of my students nominated me at Barnes and Noble in Round Rock. McConachie got thousands of entries, and I was picked out of all…
TM This Week
- The Damning History Behind UT’s ‘The Eyes of Texas’ Song
- Barbecue Joint Owners Aren’t Happy About the End of the Mask Mandate in Texas
- How to Care for Plants Damaged by the Texas Freeze—and Prep for Spring
- Axis Deer Had Overrun the Hill Country. The Winter Storm Devastated Them.
- Matthew McConaughey and Beyoncé Did More for Texas Than Ted Cruz