There he was in his high chair, drinking lemonade-flavored mineral water and watching LA Law.
Articles by Peter Applebome
Where to find a life-size statue of businessmen shaking hands, the best right-wing burgers, and other landmarks of Republican life.
Aug 31, 1983 — By Peter Applebome
Frederick Barthelme’s Moon Deluxe is a collection of cockeyed tales about stucco camels, supermarket sec and other modern curiosities. In Short Circuit Michael Mewshaw finds fault with the nasty world of professional tennis. The urban vignettes of Laura Furman’s Watch Time Fly range from skillful to so-so.
Apr 1, 1982 — By Peter Applebome
The countdown begins in the Dallas newspaper fight; Victor Garza is going your way--if you’re going to Laredo; one of Houston’s legal monoliths cracks; Clements has a lukewarm record, but the Democratic challengers aren’t so hot, either.
TM This Week
- Sanderson Is an Underrated, Adventurous West Texas Escape
- Broken Pelvises, Collapsed Lungs, and Decades of Winning: Barrel Racing’s Martha Josey Has Seen It All
- How the Most Hyped U.S. Oil Merger in a Decade Went Bust
- Meet the Unruly Clan That Once Ruled the Hill Country
- The Best Thing in Texas: Bernie Sanders Travels Across the State as a Meme