Genene Jones, suspected for decades of killing multiple children, was sentenced to life after accepting responsibility for a second San Antonio death.
Articles by Peter Elkind
Sep 11, 2019 — By Peter Elkind
In just a few years, the reputed genius behind Trump’s election has completely reinvented himself. But is his story too good to be true?
Jun 29, 2017 — By Peter Elkind
The 2011 letter, in which Jones admits that she "was heinous" and sorry for the damage because of her crime, came as a surprise to prosecutors.
Jun 21, 2017 — By Peter Elkind
Decades after prosecutors convicted Genene Jones of killing a single infant, a Texas grand jury has indicted the former nurse on a second charge of murder. Prosecutors hope to prevent Jones’s release from prison, which is scheduled for next year.
May 25, 2017 — By Peter Elkind
Texas is scheduled to release Genene Jones, a former nurse and suspected serial killer of children, early next year. Today, prosecutors in San Antonio moved to prevent her release, bringing a new murder charge against Jones in connection with the death of a child 35 years ago.
Jan 1, 1987 — By Peter Elkind
The citizens of Muleshoe lose their only hospital, thanks to a California chain; the citizens of Houston learn the value of caution, thanks to a local developer; the citizens of the world get a chance to improve their potency, thanks to the Aggies.
Never Miss a Story
- Inside the Story of How H-E-B Planned for the Pandemic
- Joe Exotic: A Dark Journey Into the World of a Man Gone Wild
- Texas Anti-Vaxxers Fear Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccines More Than the Virus Itself
- Greg Abbott Promised to Get Masks for Texas. Many Doctors Say They Are Still Facing Shortages.
- COVID-19 May Be Silently Spreading Across Rural Counties, University of Texas Researchers Believe