‘The State of Texas vs. Melissa’ creates empathy for Lucio, but the film lacks a clear and balanced exposition of the deeply troubling facts of the case.
Articles by Roxanna Asgarian
Did Melissa Lucio, the First Hispanic Woman on Death Row in Texas, Kill Her Daughter? An Uneven New Documentary Raises More Questions Than Answers.
TM This Week
- How to Care for Plants Damaged by the Texas Freeze—and Prep for Spring
- Barbecue Joint Owners Aren’t Happy About the End of the Mask Mandate in Texas
- The Damning History Behind UT’s ‘The Eyes of Texas’ Song
- The Great Texas Blackout Was Caused by a Failure to Ensure Supplies of Natural Gas
- Despite Losing Power for Days, Texans Will Pay Higher Power Bills—Perhaps for Decades to Come