Five years ago Hurricane Ike wreaked havoc along 120 miles of the state's shoreline. In its aftermath, Rice University researchers helped create an innovative plan in which the natural coast can be both a protection from future storms and a boon to the state economy.
Articles by Sandy Sheehy
TM This Week
- A Celebrated Pitmaster on His Long Road to Recovery
- I Live in the Middle of Nowhere. I Still Got COVID.
- Why Is GameStop Selling PlayStation 5 Consoles Only in Stores on Black Friday?
- Texans You Should Know: How a Black Cowboy’s Discovery Changed the Field of Archaeology
- Recipe: Instant Pot Turkey Tortilla Soup