Many short-term lenders receive government help even as their ultrahigh interest rates trap vulnerable customers in debt.
Articles by Shawn Shinneman
Dec 2, 2020 — By Shawn Shinneman
Robert Rodriguez tended to patients in the Rio Grande Valley as cases surged last summer, and he’s taken that experience to serving on the president-elect’s pandemic task force.
Nov 11, 2020 — By Shawn Shinneman
A new surge in infections is underway, though transmission rates are down in some areas, and new treatments are reducing the death rate.
TM This Week
- Matthew McConaughey and Beyoncé Did More for Texas Than Ted Cruz
- He Rioted at the Capitol. Then for Weeks He Lived in Luxury While Hiding From the FBI.
- They Accused a Man of Sexual Assault in a Small West Texas Town. That Was Only the Beginning.
- The Damning History Behind UT’s ‘The Eyes of Texas’ Song
- Axis Deer Had Overrun the Hill Country. The Winter Storm Devastated Them.