In a mere six years, the thirty-year-old has opened a half-dozen fine-dining restaurants, built a $25-million enterprise, and arguably elevated the food scene in Austin to be competitive with Dallas and Houston.
Articles by Stirling Kelso
Larry McGuire: King of Austin’s Fine Dining Empire
Six Houston Chefs Share Their Favorite Chinatown Haunts
Jul 31, 2012 — By Stirling Kelso
Houston's Chinatown can be an overwhelming part of town, with each strip-mall restaurant blending into the next, so six local chefs shed light on which places rise above the rest.
Food & Drink Newsletter
- Sanderson Is an Underrated, Adventurous West Texas Escape
- Broken Pelvises, Collapsed Lungs, and Decades of Winning: Barrel Racing’s Martha Josey Has Seen It All
- How the Most Hyped U.S. Oil Merger in a Decade Went Bust
- Meet the Unruly Clan That Once Ruled the Hill Country
- The Best Thing in Texas: Bernie Sanders Travels Across the State as a Meme