In this exclusive excerpt from the forthcoming ‘The Man Who Ran Washington,’ two veteran political correspondents recount how the future Reagan and Bush cabinet member's family legacy, a personal tragedy, and a friendship forged on the Houston Country Club’s tennis courts put a restless middle-aged lawyer on the path to power.
Articles by Susan Glasser
How James Baker Became James Baker
News & Politics
- Texans You Should Know: How a Black Cowboy’s Discovery Changed the Field of Archaeology
- A Celebrated Pitmaster on His Long Road to Recovery
- I Live in the Middle of Nowhere. I Still Got COVID.
- Cabo San Doofus: Why Did Steve Adler Think It Was a Good Idea to Go to Mexico?
- What Was Behind Greg Abbott’s Bullet Train Flip-flop?