Articles by Tom Curtis
Apr 30, 1989 — By Tom Curtis
Houston mayoral candidate Fred Hofheinz has an incumbent and a rumor to defeat; Phil DeVries has a singing caterpillar to find; Zavala County must make a private prison pay its way; and Lori Johns is out to prove she’s the best woman on the drag strip.
Nov 1, 1988 — By Tom Curtis
An entrepreneur captures customers in public rest rooms. A high-tech plant moves from oil to medicine. Space and biomedical manufacturing are finally off the drawing boards. And a former union boss becomes a bingo mogul.
Never Miss a Story
- Inside the Story of How H-E-B Planned for the Pandemic
- Joe Exotic: A Dark Journey Into the World of a Man Gone Wild
- Texas Anti-Vaxxers Fear Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccines More Than the Virus Itself
- Greg Abbott Promised to Get Masks for Texas. Many Doctors Say They Are Still Facing Shortages.
- COVID-19 May Be Silently Spreading Across Rural Counties, University of Texas Researchers Believe