Articles by Tom Curtis
Apr 30, 1989 — By Tom Curtis
Houston mayoral candidate Fred Hofheinz has an incumbent and a rumor to defeat; Phil DeVries has a singing caterpillar to find; Zavala County must make a private prison pay its way; and Lori Johns is out to prove she’s the best woman on the drag strip.
Nov 1, 1988 — By Tom Curtis
An entrepreneur captures customers in public rest rooms. A high-tech plant moves from oil to medicine. Space and biomedical manufacturing are finally off the drawing boards. And a former union boss becomes a bingo mogul.
You'll Love Our Emails
- Schlitterbahn’s Tragic Slide
- First Look: Austin’s Most Anticipated Grand Hotel
- What I Learned as a Young Black Political Speaker in Liberal White Austin
- The COVID-Related Death of a Local Republican Official Points to the Risks of an In-Person Texas GOP Convention
- What Pandemic? Houstonians Party, Shop, and Ice-skate as COVID-19 Surges.