Articles by Tom Curtis
Apr 30, 1989 — By Tom Curtis
Houston mayoral candidate Fred Hofheinz has an incumbent and a rumor to defeat; Phil DeVries has a singing caterpillar to find; Zavala County must make a private prison pay its way; and Lori Johns is out to prove she’s the best woman on the drag strip.
Nov 1, 1988 — By Tom Curtis
An entrepreneur captures customers in public rest rooms. A high-tech plant moves from oil to medicine. Space and biomedical manufacturing are finally off the drawing boards. And a former union boss becomes a bingo mogul.
Never Miss a Story
- The Best New Restaurants in Texas for 2020
- The One-Time Girlfriend of One of Mexico’s Most Notorious Drug Lords Returns to the Border to Offer Tours
- Meet the Unruly Clan That Once Ruled the Hill Country
- The Dallas Gym That Time Forgot
- Dayne’s Craft Barbecue’s “Bacon Brisket” and Sausages Are Worth the Wait