Articles by William Martin
May 5, 2013 — By William Martin
A Republican judge from Harris County, with the support of the conservative TPPF and the left-leaning TCJC, is working with Democratic lawmakers to reduce the sentences for defendants arrested with trace amounts of illegal drugs. But it takes more than bipartisanship to change people's views on the state's drug laws.
Feb 1, 2008 — By William Martin
DENOMINATION None PASTOR Marcos Witt ADDRESS 3700 Southwest Freeway PHONE 713-635-4154 ON THE INTERNET lakewood.cc SERVICIO EN ESPAÑOL Sundays at 1:30 P.M. By now, most people who pay attention to such things know that Houston’s Lakewood Church, led by Joel Osteen, draws…
Jun 30, 2007 — By William Martin
DENOMINATION Presbyterian PASTOR The Reverend Karl Travis ADDRESS 1000 Penn PHONE 817-335-1231 ON THE INTERNET fpcfw.org MAIN SERVICE Sundays at 8:15, 9:00, and 10:55 A.M. Where have all the young folks gone? And if they haven’t left, how can the churches hold on to them?…
May 31, 2007 — By William Martin
William Martin reviews our places of worship.
Feb 1, 1982 — By William Martin
Evangelist Kenneth Copeland has good news: the faithful don’t have to wait for heaven to reap their reward. An Eastern Orthodox congregation in Austin is strict about performance of the liturgy but lax about getting to the church on time.
News & Politics
- The Damning History Behind UT’s ‘The Eyes of Texas’ Song
- Axis Deer Had Overrun the Hill Country. The Winter Storm Devastated Them.
- Matthew McConaughey and Beyoncé Did More for Texas Than Ted Cruz
- Barbecue Joint Owners Aren’t Happy About the End of the Mask Mandate in Texas
- He Rioted at the Capitol. Then for Weeks He Lived in Luxury While Hiding From the FBI.