– Amigo’s BBQ Grill in Pflugerville welcomes open carry and the owner took his employees to get their concealed carry licenses.
– Trent Brooks in Houston has taken a stronger approach at Brooks Place BBQ where customers get 10% off if they come packing.
– The Houston Chronicle reported on Brooks’s discount too:
— Craig Hlavaty (@CraigHlavaty) January 4, 2016
– D Magazine provides this brief review of 18th & Vine BBQ in Dallas.
– The great brisket at BBQ on the Brazos has been discovered by Fort Worth Weekly.
– Fort Worth Weekly also chronicled their encounter with Jambo’s BBQ Shack and their feats of meat.
– The Juicy Pig, a new barbecue joint in Denton, just opened yesterday.
– Bacon burnt ends:
– The Houston Chronicle profiled Felix Powell who specializes in SETX links at Powell Bar-B-Q in Houston.
– Super Beef Sunday is coming back to Houston next month with Louie Mueller Barbecue, Feges BBQ, and Pinkerton’s BBQ.
– In Houston, Oak Leaf Smokehouse is out and Texas Tacos & Barbecue is in.
– New BBQ joint to open in Dallas:
— D Magazine (@DMagazine) January 4, 2016
– Steven Raichlen says these will be the biggest barbecue trends of 2016.
– These were the best barbecue bites of the year for Texas Pit Quest.
– Texas BBQ Treasure Hunt also shared a year in review for his Texas barbecue journeys.
– The Local Palate magazine interviewed Carey Bringle of Peg Leg Porker in Nashville.
– Camp Brisket by Foodways Texas is coming up this weekend at Texas A&M.
– Sadly, Post Mountain BBQ in Burnet has closed for good.
– Make your own Memphis ribs:
— Clint Cantwell (@SmokeInDaEye) January 5, 2016
– Garden & Gun was impressed with Sam Jones BBQ in Winterville, North Carolina, calling it one of the most exciting new restaurants of the year.
– Ohio has barbecue (who knew?), and these are eleven of the best in the state.
– A lost pig statue has been returned to its rightful owner, Old Hickory BBQ in Alabama.
– Smoked brisket is making a mark in L.A. at Maple Block Meat Co.
– World’s Best BBQ?
– Donate blood in Austin for a chance to win a private dinner for you and a few friends at Franklin Barbecue.
– The Franklin Barbecue book was the #10 best selling cookbook of 2015.
– Mike Huckabee likes dry ribs, and doesn’t know that you can now embed a poll in Twitter:
Cast your vote now & help settle this important BBQ ribs debate: “Retweet” for Wet Ribs “Like” for Dry Ribs pic.twitter.com/zFASpX3aWf
— Gov. Mike Huckabee (@GovMikeHuckabee) January 5, 2016