BBQ News: 02/03 – 02/09
– Do you know which sausage is the loudest?
“Science is all too often stereotyped as academic and aloof, and I am passionate about dispelling that.” https://t.co/cbXrbZE0m7
— Extra Crispy (@extracrispy) February 5, 2017
– The Sausage King of Austin will be crowned on February 16th at St. Elmo Brewing.
– Quickbooks talks with Shane Stiles of Stiles Switch BBQ in Austin about restaurant finances.
– BBQ kolaches in Austin:
— Eater Austin (@EaterAustin) February 2, 2017
– “We are trying to elevate what basic barbecue is and just put it on a nicer plate.” – David Gauthier, executive chef and plate enthusiast at Smoky Rose in Dallas.
– Two robbers jumped the owner of J&S Bar-B-Que in Houston after he closed up for the evening. The owner shot at the pair, killing one of the assailants.
– Super Beef Sunday was a success at Saint Arnold Brewing, and the Houston Chronicle has the story.
– Here’s more from Super Beef Sunday:
— Bryan (@BBQBryan) February 8, 2017
– Lockhart Smokehouse will open a third location with the Texas Live! development in Arlington.
– Woodshed Smokehouse in Fort Worth is branching out with a second location in Houston.
– Goode Co. BBQ in Houston is planning an expansion into The Woodlands by early summer.
– Rodney Scott’s new restaurant in Charleston is ready to go:
— Pork n Whisk(e)y (@porknwhiskey) February 7, 2017
– In a CNN Travel spotlight on Brenham, Texas, Truth BBQ and their pitmaster Leonard Botello IV are featured.
– Wide Open Country features some great picks for up and coming barbecue joints in Texas.
– Trying really hard for a Super Bowl tie-in, the Boston Globe featured the World Championship Barbeque Goat Cook-Off in (not Tom) Brady, Texas.
– Get out your kitchen pepper for some 18th century BBQ recipes:
– What really makes the best barbecue the “best?”
– I’ve never seen a Top 10 ranking that involves BBQ where the top and bottom selections were so very wrong.
– Even the robots are hawking brisket:
At Oakland airport there’s a robot that tries to sell you brisket. pic.twitter.com/iN2rwV1FoX
— Zach Braff (@zachbraff) February 6, 2017