BBQ News: 02/17 – 02/23
– A tasty dose of home-schooling, Central Texas style:
— Kelly Yandell (@KellyYandell) February 19, 2017
– Alison Cook declares in the Houston Chronicle, that the addition of Pinkerton’s Barbecue means “Houston’s barbecue scene just keeps getting richer.”
– The Houston Chronicle visits the new Feedlot BBQ in Magnolia, a joint that made the jump from competitions to commercial barbecue.
– Houston Fed has a look back at how Houston barbecue has progressed since the now-famous Killen’s Barbecue opened their doors three years ago.
– Brisket, brisket everywhere:
— Restaurant News (@NRNonline) February 17, 2017
– Travis and Emma Heim talked to Dickies about their life in barbecue.
– The guys from Red’s True BBQ in London filmed their latest trip to Pecan Lodge in Dallas.
– Food & Wine spends a day with Mando Vera at Vera’s Backyard Bar-B-Que in Brownsville.
– This rancher gives grass-fed beef a good name:
— Beth Rankin (@Beth_Rankin) February 21, 2017
– The Smoking Ho has a report from the Sausage Kings of Austin competition.
– Newly proposed House Bill 2029 of the 2017 Texas legislative session would eliminate the requirement for barbecue joints to have their scales certified and inspected.
– Barbecue film coming to SXSW in Austin:
— SXSW (@sxsw) February 14, 2017
– KC’s Bar-B-Que in West Berkeley, California was heavily damaged by a fire.
– The tale of a Kansas City barbecue man and his loyal wood supplier, who also happens to be a competitor.
– Baltimore-based barbecue chain, Mission BBQ, has 41 locations, and looks to double that over the next two years.
– I helped with a big barbecue list:
???? LISTEN UP ???? : We found the best BBQ in every state: https://t.co/mwav5B2IzK
Fight us in the mentions. pic.twitter.com/JnDQa5d1Gn
— First We Feast (@firstwefeast) February 21, 2017
– They’re serving some good looking brisket from a driveway in Los Angeles.
– An Atlanta barbecue joint owner accuses his city councilman of initiating code violations on his business after the owner failed to provide him free barbecue.
– Guy Fieri makes a “barbecue brisket” with liquid smoke in a pressure cooker in 30 minutes.
– Nein fleisch:
— MUNCHIES UK (@munchies_uk) February 22, 2017