– On the disappearance of black–owned BBQ joints in the South:
South toward home. Black barbecue and a journey down Legacy Road. https://t.co/S5nROLGYhw
— Jim Shahin (@jimshahin) February 22, 2016
– The World’s Championship Bar-B-Que Cookoff is happening this weekend at the Houston Stock Show.
– Looking for recipes of barbecue sides? The Houston Chronicle has collected these great ones from some local pitmasters.
– The Houston BBQ Festival creators are getting into the dinner series game with a March 20th collaboration featuring Corkscrew BBQ in Spring and 24 Waterway in the Woodlands.
– Peace, Love & Barbecue is a new YouTube series from 17th Street BBQ in Illinois.
– I think we found the oldest barbecue joint in Texas.
– If you need a barbecue Frito pie fix in Austin, the Smoking Ho has you covered.
– The Scrumptious Chef takes a look around at the brisket prices in Austin.
– Pending lawsuits be damned, the barbecue will be served:
— Eater Austin (@EaterAustin) February 24, 2016
– The Dallas Morning News brings us a feature on Camp Brisket by Foodways Texas.
– These are 11 brisket secrets the DMN collected while at Camp Brisket.
– The Kansas City Star recommends the meat market style barbecue at Lockhart Smokehouse in Dallas.
— Escoffier Schools (@escoffierschool) February 18, 2016
– The Star Telegram is lukewarm on a new Soulman’s BBQ location, calling it “reliable, mass-market barbecue.”
– Good Union Urban BBQ is open in Richardson at the new Cityline development.
– England now has a barbecue magazine:
— UKBBQMag (@UkbbqMag) February 23, 2016
– Stan Hays of Operation BBQ Relief wins the Humanitarian Award from the Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Association.
– How an Alabama pitmaster and his wife used the Cooking Light diet to drop 115 lbs.
– Texas BBQ to the rescue:
— J.C. Reid (@jcreidtx) February 20, 2016