– Brisket and pickle pizza alert:
Brisket pizza dreams https://t.co/SefzsYeiRm
— Eater Austin (@EaterAustin) March 7, 2017
– The BBQ Recon team headed out to the Brotherton/LeRoy pop-up in Pflugerville and filed a report.
– Stiles Switch in Austin is hosting 39 bands in 4 days during SX Stiles Switch starting March 15th.
– Former La Barbecue pitmaster Jack Zizzo will focus on unique cuts for his barbecue pop-up Birdhouse BBQ.
– The evolution of American barbecue has always been fueled by immigrants:
Immigrants bring new touches to American barbecue. Just like they always have.https://t.co/ffBxbiEedD
— Washington Post (@washingtonpost) March 7, 2017
– An unlikely barbecue bandit has been on the loose at Stillwater Barbecue in Abilene.
– A new list of Texas barbecue joints ranks the 11 best barbecue sandwiches in the state.
– Fodor’s looked across the country to find their 10 favorite styles of American barbecue.
– Tiny Truth Barbecue in Brenham is adding on:
Deck is almost done! Gazebo is next! Thank you guys for being patient with us!! pic.twitter.com/Sv1vnawUgK
— Truth BBQ (@truth_bbq) March 1, 2017
– Jackson Street BBQ in Houston is hosting a country and western version of Wagner’s Ring Cycle in a musical event called Das Barbecü.
– The line-up for Aaron Franklin’s Hot Luck festival in Austin has been released and there’s plenty of barbecue talent.
– David Chang is asked for his last meal request, and provides a complicated scenario that includes Franklin Barbecue brisket.
– Another chain jumping on the brisket bandwagon:
— Schlotzsky’s (@Schlotzskys) March 6, 2017
– A barbecue team from Iowa came down to Texas to take the top spot in the World’s Championship Bar-B-Que Contest at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo.
– BrisketTown, a barbecue joint on the leading edge of the Brooklyn barbecue boom, is closing up for good.
– Mississippi barbecue tries its best to get out of the shadow of Memphis.
– Looking to the younger generation of Texas pitmasters:
— J.C. Reid (@jcreidtx) February 26, 2017
– The Houston Chronicle traveled to London for a barbecue meal at Smokestak and found a pitmaster inspired by Texas.
– Yes, Infowars host, Alex Jones prefers to eat his barbecue shirtless according to a German magazine.
– Here’s visual proof, but no word on where the barbecue is from:
— SPIEGEL Plus (@spiegelplus) February 26, 2017