– Brian Williams doesn’t know much about Texas barbecue, but Rachel Maddow was there to correct him.
– The Texas candidate dives into KC BBQ:
— Betsy Klein (@betsy_klein) March 2, 2016
– J.C. Reid visits an old Houston area favorite, the Plantation BBQ food truck.
– Alison Cook of the Houston Chronicle provides this positive review of Pappa Charlie’s Barbeque in Houston. Get the smoked meat loaf.
– Houstonia magazine finds some great barbecue at Gatlin’s BBQ in Houston.
– I hope you ate wisely on Texas Independence Day:
— Garden & Gun (@gardenandgunmag) March 2, 2016
– BBQ Recon tried an impromptu taste test between Franklin Barbecue and Valentina’s Tex-Mex BBQ in Austin.
– Houston Fed is counting down his 50 favorite restaurants in Houston. And of course barbecue makes the list right away.
– Is it the first?
— Craig Hlavaty (@CraigHlavaty) February 26, 2016
– Lorne Michaels of Saturday Night Live gets his barbecue recommendations from Owen Wilson, one of which is The Slow Bone.
– Roegels Barbecue Co. is bringing their barbecue to the Typhoon Texas water park.
– Get to Snow’s BBQ in Lexington for the ribs.
– See the winners of the World’s Championship BBQ Competition in Houston:
— RL Reeves Jr (@RLReevesJr) February 28, 2016
– John Shelton Reed of North Carolina has a new barbecue cookbook coming out.
– This year’s James Beard awards feature several in the America’s Classics category including Brooks’ House of BBQ in Oneonta, New York.
– What’s in a name?
— Robert Moss (@mossr) February 29, 2016
– A Texas barbecue film, For the Love of Meat, will be screened at the Bob Bullock Museum in Austin on 03/17.
– Rescue Mission in El Paso is finalizing plans for a new facility. The long term goal is a restaurant called Hallelujah BBQ that will be staffed by those in the shelter.
– Horse brisket, anyone?
— MUNCHIES (@munchies) March 1, 2016
– Greg Morago of the Houston Chronicle looks at the transformation of competition barbecue.
– The Braves are betting that you’ll like chicken-fried rib meat with Monster energy drink infused barbecue sauce.
– This BBQ joint says it’s okay to eat beaver for Lent:
— MUNCHIES (@munchies) March 2, 2016