– How Jon Favreau lured Bill Murray with a smoked brisket:
— Eater (@Eater) April 7, 2016
– Eater Austin takes a good look at the current barbecue truck scene in Austin.
– BBQ Recon tries the new Cooper’s BBQ in Austin and is impressed.
– The Live Fire event in Austin was a meaty success, and Eater Austin has the details.
– Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas took in some barbecue in Austin:
That bolo tie, though! ⚖ ???? ???? pic.twitter.com/ocxxIEgnPz
— Justice Don Willett (@JusticeWillett) April 8, 2016
– The Golf Channel had a great Texas barbecue meal at Jackson St. BBQ in Houston.
– The Food Network will premiere a new show next month called Kids BBQ Championship.
– The Multi Briefs website listed their picks for the ten best barbecue joints in the country.
– A new kid on the block in North Carolina:
— Food Republic (@foodrepublic) April 7, 2016
– J C Reid of the Houston Chronicle mulls over his perfect barbecue order.
– The Houston Chronicle profiled Eric Aldis who is about to open Midtown BBQ with pitmaster Brett Jackson.
– Francis Mallmann brings his brand of Argentinian barbecue to the States:
— AFAR Media (@AFARmedia) April 11, 2016
– Sonny Bryan’s Smokehouse will open in Terminal E at DFW Airport tomorrow. They’ve also announced that the original location will move to 24 hour service starting May 10th.
– The San Antonio Current shares 16 of their favorite local barbecue joints.
– Cleveland, Ohio got a new barbecue joint from a television star:
— Food & Wine (@foodandwine) April 12, 2016
– Cleveland also gained another new Texas-style barbecue joint in The Proper Pig.
– Some Knoxville, Tennessee residents tried to eliminate barbecue food trucks, but a new ordinance allows them with a setback requirement.
– Cruiser magazine follows a bikers barbecue tour through the Texas Hill Country.
– Check the 6:20 mark to learn about barbecue perfume: