– Say it with me. “Whiskey-Flavored Pigs.”
– Twelve great examples of barbecue on scripted television shows.
– Another Rudy’s is coming to Houston:
— Pappa Charlies BBQ (@pappacharlies) May 12, 2014
– The Smoking Ho visits Fushack’s in San Marcos and is impressed with the brisket.
– Jon Favreau on Aaron Franklin: “He showed me how to slice a brisket and now I smoke my own brisket at home.”
– Check out these photos from the Red Dirt BBQ Festival a couple weeks back.
– National Geographic did some filming with Tyler’s BBQ in Amarillo:
– Tripadvisor compiled a list of the best barbecue in the country. Austin’s Franklin Barbecue was #1, but in their state-by-state ranking Texas was #3 with the top spot going to…Georgia?
– Here’s what the aftermath looks like of a pit grease fire.
– If you plan your concert viewing around your barbecue options:
Signing contract w/ Gexa Energy Pavilion again this year. Only truck in the place. Starting in June. #OMQ
— OinknMoo BBQ (@omqbbq) May 15, 2014
– Chris Lilly of Big Bob Gibson’s BBQ in Alabama does an interview with Food Republic and discusses the myth of the four major barbecue regions.
– This interview between Steven Raichlen and Dinosaur BBQ’s John Stage includes a rib recipe.
– Thrillist employed someone who knows about Chicago barbecue to compile a list of the best in the city.
– Here’s a complete guide to eating smoked brisket in New York.
– The Salt Lick is expanding to Houston, sort of:
— The Smoking Ho (@TheRunningHo) May 11, 2014
– Jay Rayner reviews the American barbecue at London’s Big Easy. Thanks to American pitmaster Kenny Callaghan, the place is doing good work.
– Thrillist recommends The Blues Kitchen for barbecue in London.
– A colorful look at barbecue styles around the world.
– Texas BBQ is coming to Seattle soon. Jack’s BBQ will be serving slow smoked brisket.
– On Michael Pollan, Ed Mitchell, and the SFA as matchmaker.
– Pecan Lodge has moved, and the fire still works:
— Pecan Lodge (@PecanLodge) May 15, 2014
– Did we mention that Pecan Lodge is no longer in the Dallas Farmers Market?
– Burgers, BBQ & Beer will be held this Sunday in San Antonio as part of Culinaria.
– The Daily Blender suggests a trip to La Barbecue if you have just 48 hours in Austin.
– The Tennessean recommends Billy’s Oak Acres in Fort Worth to its Nashville readers.
– An employee of Curly’s Carolina, Texas BBQ in Round Rock was arrested for stealing from the restaurant.
– Future pitmaster:
— SouthGirlsBBQRdShow (@SouthGirlsBBQ) May 14, 2014
– “An emerging concept for the fast casual restaurant sector is barbecue,” according to Meatingplace.
– BBQ Crawl starring Danielle Dimovski is coming back to the Travel Channel for another season.
– A new show Frankenfood was filming in Lockhart at Black’s BBQ.
– Thrillist provides this list of the best barbecue festivals in the country.
– Roy Perez of Kreuz Market in Lockhart took a trip down the street to Mad Jack’s BBQ food truck, also in Lockhart, to try out the competition:
— Roy perez (@Pitmasterkreuz) May 9, 2014